Leadership: Be the Change!
The 2012 NICU Leadership Forum was held at the Marco Island Marriott Resort on Marco Island, FL from April 17 to the 21st. The meeting was attended by 120 Level II and III NICU Nurse Managers and Directors and members of their leadership teams.
Highlights of the meeting
- Keynote address from Dr. Jennifer L. Howse, President of The March of Dimes
- Up to date information on healthcare reform from Dr. Deborah Trautman, Executive Director, Johns Hopkins Medicine, Center for Health Policy and healthcare Transformation
- Steps to transform care for patients, families and caregivers presented by Pattie Bondurant, Director, HealthBridge and Lori Armstrong, VP of Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital of Columbia Presbyterian
- Experiences and details from hospitals that have evacuated patients and staff, along with factual information from John Burke on how to prepare for emergencies. As we have seen this past year, no area of the country is exempt from a potential disaster!
- Advice on sustaining change from our closing speaker Terry Johnson
- Three in-depth pre-conferences: Single Room Design, Feeding Frenzy and a Bootcamp for New Managers
- Opportunities to share best practices, ‘near misses’ and research
- Our first ever poster presentation highlighting best practice from around the country
- Two days of concurrent sessions that were videotaped so you don’t have to miss a thing!