The Right Ingredients:
Mastering Your Leadership Potential
Synova Associates is pleased to announce the 17th Annual NICU Leadership Forum entitled The Right Ingredients: Mastering Your Leadership Potential. The meeting will be held from April 9-13, 2013 at the Scottsdale Conference Center in Scottsdale, AZ. This meeting is targeted to NICU nurse directors and managers and members of their leadership teams. The Forum provides valuable and applicable insights for all nurse leaders and offers a solid foundation of evidence-based knowledge to share with and inspire the people they lead. Download the brochure here.
Registration for the 2013 NICU Leadership Forum is now closed. Join our mailing list using the form below, and we’ll notify you as soon as there is more information on the 2014 meeting!
Highlights of this year’s meeting:
- Keynote address from Britt Berrett, President of Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas and Executive Vice President of Texas Health Resources, and Paul Spiegelman, founder and CEO of The Beryl Companies. Britt and Paul will be discussing their book: “Patients Come Second.”
In any business, you can’t take care of customers if you don’t take care of employees. Healthcare is no different. It’s not that patients are unimportant. But, there is a direct correlation between employee loyalty and customer loyalty. And with more restrictive reimbursements on the horizon, the pressure will continue to rise on patient acquisition and retention.
- Workgroups, facilitated by the keynote speakers, will discuss key points of “Patients Come Second” and devise concrete action plans to bring back to the hospital.
- Inspiration and wisdom that will empower leaders to take a big step forward in their leadership capabilities from Kathy Bollinger, FACHE, CHIC, President, Arizona West Region, Banner Healthcare System, Phoenix, AZ
- NDOC (NICU Disaster Obstacle Course) – a (4) module exercise/seminar utilizing all (4) phases of emergency management – presented by John J. Burke, MS, EMT-1, Boston University School of Medicine, Healthcare Emergency Management Program, Boston, MA
- Nurses Caring for Nursing: Changing the Culture of Nursing by Ginny Beeson, BSN, MSN, NEA-BC Captain, Nurse Corps, United States Navy, (Retired)
- Panel presentations and attendee discussion on Lateral Violence facilitated by Renee Thompson, RN , MSN , CMSRN
- Panel on Worst HR Nightmares moderated by Stephanie Quincy, JD
- Four in-depth pre-conferences: Coaching with Horses, New Leader Bootcamp, Navigating Difficult Conversations and Employees, and Get Real: Business Plans with Bite
- Attendee presentations and posters highlighting best practices and current research from around the country
- One day of concurrent sessions that will be taped so you don’t have to miss a thing!