NICU LEADERSHIP FORUM
Call for Abstracts
2023 CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The conference committee invites you to submit an abstract for:
- 60 minute session
- 20 minute session
- Poster session
Topics of interest:
The list below is not inclusive and is only meant to serve as a guide when submitting your abstract. We encourage you to suggest your own ideas, present your own research findings, or share your knowledge on a topic of interest.
- Addressing staffing shortages: managing assignments, safety concerns, and travel nurses
- Dealing with staff and families’ mental health issues
- NNP’s model of leadership and role in the unit
- Utilization of the educator and role definition in times of staff shortages
- How to build courage
- Diversity, equity and inclusion
- Managing an overwhelming schedule
- Difficult conversations during difficult times
- Fearless leadership
- Transparent leadership
Required Abstract Submission Content
Title: Title needs to clearly reflect the content.
Brief Description: Please provide a 2-3 sentence description of your presentation that will be posted for participants to view.
Learning Outcomes/Objectives: A learning objective is a learner-focused statement that states what the learner can expect to achieve by the end of the educational activity. The learning outcomes/objectives should offer clear support of the presentation title and should be measurable. NOTE: No more than 1 learning outcome/objectives.
Abstract Text: Submit a narrative summary of your presentation. The abstract is used by reviewers to evaluate your approach to the topic, your understanding of the current state of practice and science, and the level of refinement of the presentation. To be considered for a session at NICU Leadership Forum your abstract must include the following elements:
- Background and Purpose or Proposed Change: problem statement or hypothesis as appropriate, importance to NICU leaders
- Program Implementation: Materials or methodology, barriers to implementation, overcoming obstacles
- Impact or Results: Major accomplishment of program, i.e. qualitative or quantitative data; evidence-based results; impact on staff and/or families; implications for nursing leadership
The abstract should provide an accurate, succinct, and informative representation of the content you plan to present and be relevant to the Synova audience and conference theme.
Presenters/Authors Information: Provide contact information, credentials and affiliations for all presenters and authors. In addition, you must include a short biographical sketch. If there are two presenters listed, please include a brief bio for each presenter. Upon acceptance, co-presenters must complete a COI disclosure form.
CV/Resume: All presenters are required to upload a current CV or resume.
COI Disclosure: All presenters must complete a COI disclosure form.
Presenting at NICU Leadership Forum
I acknowledge that if my abstract is selected:
- All authors and presenters give permission for Synova Associates to publish or make for sale any audio or video of the presentation.
- Authors and presenters understand and consent to photographs being taken onsite at the conference for future advertising and promotional purposes.
Abstract Due Date: December 1, 2022
Decisions about abstracts presentations will be announced by early January 2023. Notifications will be by email in early January 2023.
Accepted poster and podium presenters will receive $50 off of the early bird registration fee. The conference does not provide any support for abstract presenters, regardless of presentation outcome beyond this discount.
AGREEMENT TO ATTEND CONFERENCE
Abstract presenters must register to attend the entire conference.
Please contact Lori Gunther at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.