24th annual nicu leadership forum
new dates: september 15-18 | naples grand hotel | naples, fl
NICU Leadership Forum
September 15-18, 2020
Naples Grande Hotel
NICU Leadership Forum
New Leader Bootcamp (full day)
This preconference is aimed at leaders with less than 3 years of leadership experience. Participants will get an introduction to finance and budgeting, practice the art of requesting funds, and develop leadership skills like demonstrating vulnerability and promoting personal growth. It is a must for any new leader!
- Jodi Coombs, MBA, RN, COO, Children’s Mercy Hospital;
- Joan Rikli, MSN, RN, CPNP-BC, NE-BC, Director of Neonatal
- Intensive Care and Women’s and Infants Services at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital
NICU Scheduling, Staffing and FTE Budget Management (Half day AM)
This pre-conference will share best practices for scheduling, staffing and budget management for the NICU Nurse Leader. Participants will complete interactive exercises to facilitate skill growth relative to FTE budgeting, utilization of schedule requirements, schedule construction and auditing. Together, we will unlock the plan to design and deliver the human resources to provide safe care to the neonatal population, including: a balanced schedule, skill mix, education and replacement of paid and unpaid absence.
- Jennifer Guild, RN, MSN, CNML, CCSS, CCRL, LMI Associate Consultant, Labor Management Institute
- Martha Giangiulio MHA, RN, CCSS, CCRL, Adjunct Faculty, Labor Management Institute
- Heather McCrohan, MBA, CCSS, CCRL, Director of Operations, Labor Management Institute
The Art of Tough Conversations (Half day PM)
Why do people, teams, and organizations get stuck? Poor communication! This leads to loss of staff, productivity, profit and trust. This highly interactive half-day pre-conference will use discussion, improvisational exercises and next step challenges to give you the skills needed to be confident when having difficult conversations. Because, in the end, this is the key to unlocking better teams invested in finding solutions together and the most effective way to create meaningful, positive change.
- Lori Gunther, MS, CPXP, CEO, Synova Associates LLC
- Jessamyn Ressler-Maerlender, MPH, CPXP, Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist, University of Michigan Health System
Call for Abstracts
Are you interested in submitting an abstract for a 60 or 20 minute speaking spot, or a poster?