Perinatal Leadership Forum
New Leader Bootcamp (Full day)
This preconference is led by two experienced leaders and teachers: Jodi Coombs and Joan Rikli. The Bootcamp is aimed at leaders with less than 3 years of leadership experience and is a time for people to learn basic finance and leadership skills as well as learn from each other.
- Jodi Coombs, MBA, RN, Vice President of Women and Children at the Floating Hospital for Children and Tufts MC
- Joan Rikli, MSN, RN, CPNP-BC, NE-BC, Director of Neonatal Intensive Care and Women’s and Infants Services at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital
Hot Topics in Perinatal Health (Full day)
AWHONN nursing experts will cover hot topics in perinatal care such as Role of the APN in the Inpatient OB Setting, Maternal Mental Health, Updates in Simulation Training, OB/Neonatal Emergencies.
- Cheryl Roth, PhD, WHNP-BC, RNC-OB, RNFA, President, AWHONN Board of Directors
- Stacey Piccinati Woods, CNM, IBCLC, Perinatal Program Specialist, Arizona Mother-Baby Care
- Katie Millstone, MSN, RN, Nursing Faculty, Chandler-Gilbert Community College
- Sheryl Parfitt, RN, Clinical Educator, HonorHealth
Stopping the Cycle of Turnover: Hiring Right, Hiring Fast and Hiring for Fit (Half Day 1 – 4:30pm)
Hiring right is every nurse leader’s most important strategy in shaping the culture of their department. The greying of America, workplace violence and increasing complexity are contributing to the ongoing challenge of nurse recruitment and retention. This afternoon half-day session will review the current evidence and best practices that can help you develop a sustainable and healthy workforce. You will leave with proven strategies in nursing culture, nurse recruitment and nurse retention.
- Lori Armstrong DNP, RN NEA-BC, Chief Nurse Executive, Kaiser Permanente Santa Clara Medical Center
- General Meeting Information
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Hotel and Travel
- Additional Conference Information
- Call for Abstracts
- Conference Agenda