Executive Advisory Board
Members serve at the discretion of Synova Owners and the Board Chair
A team of key advisors in active executive leadership roles that support the growth and strategic vision of Synova Associates.
- Expert in the field of nurse leadership as demonstrated by position, work history or, academic qualifications
- Advanced degree
- Has a background in neonatal or perinatal healthcare and/or a coaching background
- Participate in board meetings to provide guidance and advice on strategy and growth opportunities, and insights into trends and key issues nurse leaders are facing.
- Be a champion for Synova’s mission and vision
- Attend at least one Synova event per year or speak on behalf of Synova
- Advise and consult with Synova owners on new business ideas and on the cultivation of a long-term strategic plan
Synova Nurse Leadership Certification (SNLC) Advisory Board
1 year commitment
The SNLC Advisory group provides expert guidance in development of the first specialty certification for perinatal and neonatal nurse leaders. The Advisory group consists of diverse perinatal and neonatal nurse leaders from across the country who have united to share their expert opinions, perspectives and study issues. These advisors also participate in a focused small group structure to create recommendations for this customized and innovative nurse leader certification.
Application process: currently by appointment
Appointed by Owners, no term limits (3-4 positions, one lead)
As a premier nurse leadership company, it is essential to integrate active clinical nurse leaders who can advise and guide the Synova team. Clinical Advisors fulfill a very important role in developing educational content, creating core requirements of the Synova Nurse Leadership Certification, and reviewing articles and presentations.
- Lead Clinical Advisor
- Perinatal Clinical Advisor (1-2 advisors)
- Neonatal Clinical Advisor (1-2 advisors)
- Must be a perinatal or neonatal leader with at least 5 years of experience
- Minimum of a Master’s degree
- Have attended at least 4 Synova events
- History of presenting or publication in the field or neonatal or perinatal health
Responsibilities can include:
- Supporting the Synova team with strategic education initiatives
- Providing clinical review of content
- Reviewing and selecting award winners
- Conducting research, writing and editing articles, and submitting for publication
- Developing content ideas
- Serving as a Clinical Advisor on special projects/events/debriefing calls
- Synova Associates will provide education advancement opportunities such as Synova Leadership Forum and virtual training tuition reimbursement, enrollment in special executive coaching classes, partnering association memberships, and/or all expenses paid travel to partnering association conferences
Open positions: Perinatal Clinical Advisor (1)
Event Planning Committees (Social and Conference)
1 year commitment, rotates each year
- Attend virtual planning meetings
Application Process: Sign-up at conference each year
Conference Ambassadors (Perinatal and Neonatal)
- Perinatal or Neonatal Nurse Leader
- Has attended at least two Synova Leadership Forums
- Is outgoing and inviting of new attendees
- Can attend the conference for the duration of the event
- Is responsible for hotel, travel, and miscellaneous expenses (see compensation)
- Attend 1-2 virtual orientation and planning meetings
- Create a warm and inviting environment for all attendees, especially first time attendees and those attending without a team. Facilitate relationships among attendees.
- Provide onsite support that does not conflict with conference presentations including but not limited to conference registration support, social event set up/welcoming and exhibit hall support
- Oversee selection of Conference Award winners (Rising Star and Spirit Award)
- Synova will provide a full tuition scholarship to Synova Leadership Forum. Ambassador is responsible for flight, hotel and miscellaneous expenses.
Application process: Selection is done by Owners, Chief of Staff and Chief Ambassador
Any questions? Contact Lori Gunther at firstname.lastname@example.org.